Sunday, February 22, 2009

Theater

I was most recently in my company's production of Beauty and the beast, I played Gaston- which might I add was the most awesome expierence of my whole life.

I've been in quite a few company productions. Most of the time i've been cast as the villain but there's some occassions in which I have not been a villain in them. Phantom Of The Opera, Leno, Cats, and Sweeney Todd are the only company productions where I have played a non villaious part. In my company's production of POTO i played Erik also known as the phantom, in Cats I played Rum Tum Tugger and in Sweeney Todd i played the title character, in Leno I played the main character Jay Leno.This year, our company production is Rocky Horror Picture Show, I really do hope that I get to be chosen to play Frank N Furter. Because I really do have the right credentials for the part, i've been playing the role of the villain in most plays i've been except in Leno, Phantom Of The Opera and Sweeney Todd. The first bad guy role I played in a company production was Rooster in Annie. You're probably wondering how I ended up getting the part of Rum Tum Tugger in Cats, you see I originally auditioned for the role of Macavity, they liked my audition but the casting director said I wasn't evil enough so my arch rival got the part. But I didn't complain one bit about not getting the part of Macavity, i liked playing the role of Tugger, my friend's mother told me it was one the best performances in the whole show (she also liked her son's performance as Mistophlees).My most famous roles in company productions are the Pirate King in Pirates Of Penzance, Rooster in Annie, Scrooge in A Christmas Carol and Dracula in a rock opera about vampires (my version of Dracula was a welcome change from the cliche "I vant to suck your blood" stereotype, my portrayal of the famous vampire was partially inspired by Chris Sarandon in Fright Night and David Bowie as Jareth in Labyrinth). There's a really funny story of how I got the role of Gaston, you see my casting director is always telling the cast to be more like the characters they're playing and my older bro is always joking about me being similar to Gaston and so when the casting director told me to act more like Gaston I did my absolute best Gaston impression and acted in character both on and off stage. There were plenty of funny moments, one of which happened on the big night before the show started, basically the director tells us: "Remember, big smiles." To which I (as Gaston) responded by boasting "No one smiles like Gaston!" , my best friend (who played Lefou) wished me good luck and that I should "break a leg", my response- a very Gaston-like "No one breaks their leg like Gaston!" followed by going off stage and pretending to break my leg. After the show was over, I was the first to get a standing ovation. My favourite part about playing Gaston were singing the Gaston song with my best buddy (who was hillarious as Lefou by the way).

The toughest role i've ever played was Jay Leno in Leno, the makeup proccess was grueling.

If you are wondering where you can get tickets to the plays i've been in, the animation company my brother works at gives away free tickets to anyone who buys merchandice from one of their cartoons. Our plays are usually seen in New York but tickets sell out pretty quickly, so make sure you get them when you have the chance. Our cartoon shows are shown on ABC Family from time to time during the afternoon block, although most of them can also be viewed online- we'll be putting a few episodes up soon. The Millitary Koalas movie is in theaters now. We also worked on a 3d Biker Mice From Mars movie back in 2001.

Andria, your character makes her debut in the Millitary Koalas movie. And keep an eye out Agrimorfee, ChuckyG, Red Ant, Anonymous Informant, and a few other Amiright alumni make cameo appearances during one of the big action scenes. Red Ant makes a cameo as an anthropomorphic ant named General R.D Ant (a play on his amiright username).

No comments:

Post a Comment